Flaxseed meal comes from ground flaxseed. They can come brown, tan, or golden in color. It is identified as a superfood. Although they can be consumed in whole form, ground flaxseed is more beneficial because of the bodies ability to digest and absorb the nutrients more easily. Flaxseed is known to have multiple health benefits. It absorbs lots of water and is mixed well with coconut flour, adding additional moisture to recipes.
Uses:Muffins, brownies, pizza crust, smoothies, egg replacement
Key Nutrients: Fiber, B-vitamins, copper, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium thiamine and magnesium
How To Make Your Own: Take whole flaxseed, place in high output blender, food processor, or coffee grinder and grind until fine.
Keto Flaxseed Crackers
- 1 cup Flaxseed Meal (Golden or Brown)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Chilli Powder Mix (Cayenne, Paprika, Chilli) *optional
- ½ cup Water
- In a bowl, mix ground flax meal and seasonings well.
- Add water and mix till combined with a spatula.
- Cover and set the dough aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Once dough is ready, roll it out between 2 parchment papers as thin as you like. (cooking times will vary according to thickness)
- Gently pull apart parchment paper from each side of the rolled dough onto the other (this is to make sure it does not stick to the paper while baking)
- Place the rolled dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet and use a pizza cutter to cut into cracker sized pieces.
- Bake chips for 10-15 minutes (longer if thicker).
- Once chips are baked, turn off the oven, remove and break the crackers. Spread the crackers on the baking tray and return to the oven for another 10 minutes with the oven door slightly opened. (this is to dry it out so it gets crispy)
- Allow crackers to cool completely before storing.
- You can adjust seasoning according to what you like. I like mine a little spicy so I add a chili powder mix of cayenne, chili, cumin, and paprika. These chips are perfect as a dip or a high fiber snack.
Feel free to print it off by clicking the PDF file below and add it to your recipes!