Control Your Lifestyle
The links below are valuable resources to guide you into taking back control of your life. These are free to the public and can be tailored to your needs.
USDA: My Plate Plan -The My Plate Plan provided by the USDA, shows your food group targets – what and how much to eat within your calorie allowance. Your food plan is personalized, based on your age, sex, height, weight, and physical activity level.
The following free links, provided by WebMD, connect you with resources that you can tailor to your likes and needs. They can help with meal planning, portion management, and overall health.
- Food Calculator - Get the calories, fat, carbs, protein and more for over 37,000 food and drinks.
- Web MD Portion Size Plate - Gives you easy-to-understand guidelines to help avoid common portion-size pitfalls.
- Food and Fitness Journal (pdf) - It's been clinically proven that keeping track of what you eat is the #1 most effective method for controlling and reducing your daily caloric intake. Use this printable Food & Fitness Journal for personalized healthy weight and fitness recommendations based on your goals and allows you to create a personal eating and fitness plan.
- Portion Control and Size Guide - Wallet Size (pdf) - Food portion sizes today are far bigger than they were in the past, which means we're taking in far more calories than we realize. Understanding healthy and correct portion sizes is critical to long-term weight management. This printable wallet-size portion control guide will help to keep you on track even when you’re on the go.
- Fridge-Size Portion Guide (pdf) - It's all too easy to misjudge correct portion sizes. Use this printable guide to help you with portion control.
- Grocery Shopping List Guide (pdf) - Most of us know that our diets should include fruits, vegetables, fiber, omega-3s, etc., but do you know which foods pack the most punch? This handy and informative healthy shopping list explains the impact certain foods have on our bodies and includes dozens of tasty food options to help you enjoy a healthy diet.