Potato flour comes from dehydrated potatoes that were initially cooked and peeled. It is important to note that potato flour is not the same as potato starch. Potato flour is able to attract and hold water, making it good for baking and less dense. Also, it can be used as a thickener. It is best used in combination with other gluten-free flours.
Uses: Breads, pancakes, rolls, gravies, sauces, soups
Key Nutrients: B-vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus
Gluten-Free Flat Bread
- 4 eggs separated
- 1/2 block cream cheese (softened) – that’s 4oz of cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp potato flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add sugar and continue beating until peaks are stiff and shiny. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, cream cheese, baking powder and salt until smooth.
- Carefully fold in egg whites.
- Place 6-8 equal rounds on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 7-10 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool on tray completely before serving.
Feel free to print it off by clicking the PDF file below and add it to your recipes!